Pinot Days is an annual celebration of Pinot wines. From its humble beginnings to its current popularity worldwide, Pinot wine has become a favorite for those who appreciate an elegant glass of smooth wine.
Each year, Pinot Days bring together winemakers and wine lovers from around the world to explore this special varietal.
What Exactly Is The Pinot Days Principle?
So, there are two National Pinot Days to take note of if you enjoy celebrating and drinking Pinot wines. There is Pinot Noir Day and Pinot Grigio Day.
Pinot Noir Day
National Pinot Noir Day is dedicated to appreciating, promoting, and celebrating this legendary beverage.
- Celebrated on August 18th each year, a delicious toast and conversation are how things often start when friends and family come together for a great evening of sipping.
- From the fragrantly perfumed scents of Burgundy in France to the berry-rich taste emanating from Willamette Valley in Oregon, there’s something unique about every sip.
- From celebrating special occasions like birthdays, anniversaries or even just gathering with loved ones to enjoy a glass or two, this day invites us all to appreciate the remarkable qualities that makeup Pinot Noir.
Pinot Grigio Day
National Pinot Grigio Day is celebrated on May 17th every year. The celebration of Pinot Grigio always begins with a sweet bouquet of its flavor.
- With an incredible light taste, and just enough dryness to make it an any-hour beverage, Pinot Grigio is Italy’s pride and joy and has been for hundreds of years in some of the most revered wine regions.
- On May 17th, National Pinot Grigio Day celebrates this certified classic and provides a chance for all wine lovers out there to indulge in the specific flavor profile that comes with a superb vintage of Pinot Grigio.
- Whether you’re looking for something subtle or an attention-grabbing finish to your meal, National Pinot Grigio Day is the ideal opportunity to pair your dish with this delicious wine.
- From platters to fresh seafood dinners served over seasoned wild rice – there is no wrong way to enjoy this exquisite blend!
Drinking straight from the bottle can be as gratifying as cozying up next to a fine linen tablecloth. Celebrate National Pinot Grigio Day on May 17th and pour yourself a glass now!
What Is The History Behind Pinot Days?
Pinot Noir has a long and interesting history that goes back all the way to the first century. It gets its name from the words ‘pine’ and ‘black’, derived from its origins in France, Burgundy specifically.
This grape species quickly gained popularity among Romans when they arrived due to its unique flavor and texture profile of ripe red fruit, cherries, toast, and spices.
The Romans soon farmed it commercially in vineyards across Europe, making it the go-to wine for the nobility of their time, as well as for religious ceremonies.
Today you can find Pinot Noir all over the world, but perhaps nowhere is it held more highly than the Burgundy region of France that ushered this varietal into popularity centuries ago.
August 18th is now celebrated internationally as Pinot Noir Day when enthusiasts can gather together and share bottles to commemorate not only the flavor but also the incredible history that this varietal brings with it wherever it may go.
The history of Pinot Grigio is a long one, tracing its roots back to before Christ and being related to the ever-popular Pinot Noir and Pinot Gris grapes.
With thousands devoted to its growth now, we can sample an array of styles in this delightful varietal provided by different vineyards across the globe.
Described as having an acidic light body with a subtle spiciness, the flavor can vary depending on where it is produced, offering sweet and dry varieties depending on your preference.
National Pinot Grigio Day is the perfect excuse to go out and explore what the world of wines has to offer. Whether you’re looking for a crisp dry or sweet full-bodied wine, it’s certain to be found among one of Italy’s oldest-growing grapevines.
So grab yourself a bottle of this fine vintage and get ready to experience some delicious flavors!
How Can You Celebrate Pinot Days?
National Pinot Days are the perfect day to explore the nuances and complexities of bold and aromatic wines. The perfect start is to head down to your local store and procure yourself a bottle or two of these delicious and captivating wines.
- One fun way to celebrate National Pinot Day is by hosting a wine tasting with friends and family.
- Invite everyone to bring their favorite bottle from a different region so that everyone can explore what different states and countries have to offer.
- This will be sure to keep conversations lively as you discuss which varieties were your favorites and why – not only is it enjoyable, but a great way to learn more about this classic grape variety.
- After the tasting, enjoy some cheese platters or light snacks alongside your favorite glasses of Pinot Grigio or Pinot Noir while reminiscing on what made each bottle unique and special.
Celebrating National Pinot Day doesn’t get much more fun than that!
Have fun trying different vintages side by side or just enjoy the classic deep, rich flavors of the beloved styles round up in a glass. Bottom line – share generously, delightfully, and compare endlessly; that would make for a perfect National Pinot Day celebration at home!
National Pinot Days is a great way to appreciate the history and flavor of this classic varietal. Whether you’re hosting a tasting or just enjoying some with friends, it’s certain to be an enjoyable and educational experience.
Take some time to explore different regions, styles, and vintages of this delightful grape variety – you won’t be disappointed!
Frequently Asked Questions
Pinot Noir is a red grape variety originating from Burgundy, France. It has become popular around the world due to its unique flavor and texture profile of ripe red fruit, cherries, toast, and spices.